Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 May 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Microsoft Acquiring MSSP-friendly Cyber Startup?: Details are here.
2. Integration – Microsoft Azure Security: ESET has upgraded its Security Management Center for Microsoft Azure, providing organizations with real-time network visibility and allowing them to oversee thousands of servers, desktops and mobile devices via a single pane of glass, the cybersecurity software company says.
3. Microsoft Office 365 Phishing Attacks: The US Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) has issued a rare cyber-security alert warning member organizations of “a widespread, ongoing phishing campaign,” ZDnet reports.
4. IIoT Brute Force Attacks: Details about Kaiji malware attacks are here.
5. Cybersecurity Layoffs: Targeted staff cuts across the cybersecurity industry continue.
6. Talent – Security Software: McAfee has hired Cisco veteran Lynne Doherty as executive VP, global sales and marketing for the =enterprise business.
7. Talent – MSSP & MDR Services: Digital Hands — a Top 200 MSSP, SOCaaS and MDR (managed detection and response) cybersecurity service provider — has hired SecureWorks veteran Jeff Multz as chief revenue officer (CRO).
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar