Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): In this MSSP Alert interview, Huntress CEO Kyle Hanslovan explains $40 million Series B funding, and laser-like focus on MSPs that support SMB customers…
2. Funding – Security Validation Platform: Cymulate has raised $45 million in Series C funding led by One Peak, with participation from existing investors Susquehanna Growth Equity (SGE), Vertex Ventures Israel, Vertex Growth and Dell Technologies Capital.
3. Launch – Master MSSP: Sarah McAvoy has launched CyberUnlocked, an Australia-based cybersecurity consulting firm. In some ways, the company sounds like a Master MSSP that will support Australia- and New Zealand-based MSPs.
4. Talent – Human Layer Security: Sumo Logic CEO Ramin Sayar has joined Tessian‘s board of directors. Sumo Logic develops a cloud-based SIEM (security information and event management) platform for MSSPs and MSPs.
5. Talent – Offensive Security Testing: Bishop Fox has hired Tony Needler as associate vice president of consulting managed services. Needler now spearheads Bishop Fox’s expanding consulting managed programs, including the Google Partner Security Assessment Program, Amazon Alexa Authorized Security Lab, Nest Partners Security Assessment Program, Facebook Workplace Security Assessment Program, Nylas Program, and the SFDC AppExchange (Japan).
6. Talent – Cloud-based Security: Qualys has hired Trustwave veteran Allan Peters as chief revenue officer (CRO).
7. Talent – Endpoint Security: Bitdefender has named Matthew Selheimer as senior VP of marketing.
8. Talent – Endpoint Management and Security: Adaptiva has promoted Doug Kennedy to chief operating officer, and hired Oracle veteran Mike Bradley as senior director, alliances and channels.
9. Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): Juniper Networks has launched Juniper Security Director Cloud, a cloud-based portal that distributes connectivity and security services to sites, users and applications, as well as manages customers’ SASE transformations, the company says.
10. Data Leakage Mitigation: GLESEC has launched an Orchestrated Data Leakage Detection and Protection Service. The service provides real-time data leakage detection to help customers address security and compliance requirements.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. MSSP – Microsoft Partner: ITC Secure (ITC) has attained a Microsoft Gold competency for Security.
2. Managed Vulnerability Services: More than 230 organizations now leverage eSentire’s Managed Vulnerability Service (MVS), which is powered by Tenable. This represents a 52% year-over-year growth. eSentire specializes in MDR (managed detection and response) services.
3. Incident Response – Integration: Arete Incident Response has launched Arsinal, a software toolkit for threat protection and reporting that’s integrated with SentinelOne.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar