Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 06 October 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Debt Financing – Security Operations Software: Arctic Wolf has received $401 million in debt financing. The move provides a financial boost as Arctic Wolf considers longer-term IPO (initial public offering) options. Arctic Wolf in 2021 had hoped to launch an IPO sometime in 2022, but IPO windows essentially closed amid rising interest rates, inflation and other financial market headwinds.
2. Revised Microsoft Exchange Zero Day Guidance: The updated mitigation guidance for Microsoft Zero Days is here.
3. MSP Compliance – SaaS Security Software: Augmentt has introduced Augment Secure Premium, a SOC 2 Type 2 compliant offering that “enables MSPs to provide their clients with comprehensive cloud application and security monitoring and management for their Microsoft 365 environments,” the company said.
5. Internet of Things Security: Phosphorus has enhanced its Enterprise xIoT Security Platform to “significantly improve organizations’ ability to reduce their xIoT attack surface and prevent sophisticated threats.”
7. Lloyds of London Suffers Cyberattack?: Perhaps so…
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2022 (October 26-28, In-person and Virtual)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)
- Palo Alto Networks Ingnite22 (December 12-15, Las Vegas)