Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cyber Insurance – Financial Pressure: Growing ransomware demands are challenging many insurance carriers, according to this report.
2. How to Build a Security Practice: Cisco Systems offers this guidance to partners.
3. Research: Fully 71% of security professionals reported an increase in security threats or attacks since the beginning of the coronavirus outbreak, according to Check Point Software Technologies. The leading threat cited was phishing attempts (cited by 55% or respondents), followed by malicious websites claiming to offer information or advice about the pandemic (32%), followed by increases in malware (28%) and ransomware (19%), the company says.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar