Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 07 December 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. SentinelOne Resignation: Nick Warner, SentinelOne’s president of security, has resigned amid multiple changes at the cybersecurity software provider. Still, the overall SentinelOne business remains in growth mode, and MSSP partnerships continue to strengthen, the company said on a December 6, 2022 earnings call.
3. Ransomware Attack Hits MSP Customers: A ransomware attack apparently extended from Mercury IT — an MSP in New Zealand — to multiple government agency systems, The Record reported.
4. Platform Integration – XDR: Cymulate now integrates with the Trend Micro One XDR platform. The collaboration will “correlate simulated attacks with ongoing events and alerts, enhancing the security control environment and management against malicious behavior and real and simulated malware,” the two companies said.
5. Partnerships – Microsoft XDR: In separate announcements, Critical Start and ITC Secure and Critical Start have earned Microsoft verified Managed eXtended Detection and Response (MXDR) solution status.
6. Partnership – SMB Cyber Insurance and Password Management: NordPass has agreed to offer all new and renewing Cowbell policyholders a free six-month subscription of NordPass Business. Additionally, policyholders who continue using NordPass beyond six months will get a customized subscription, the companies said.
7. Mobile Penetration Testing as a Service: A new NowSecure Mobile Pen Testing as a Service (PTaaS), is designed to “bridge the gap between automated and manual mobile security assessments for continuous security,” the company said.
8. Government Partnership – Identity and Access Management: Ping Identity has been named a vendor on the Department of Defense (DoD) Enterprise Software Initiative (ESI) Cybersecurity Multi-Award Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) awarded to Carahsoft Technology Corp.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)