3. M&A – Home Security:ADT has acquired its largest independent home security dealer, Defenders, for $381 million. Although ADT is best-known for its home security services, the company also has a growing managed security services practice and now ranks among the world’s Top 200 MSSPs.
4. Updated Iran Cyberattack Warning: A new warning about Iran’s cyberattack capabilities surfaced from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security on January 6. The warning, from the Cybersecurity Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), included nine cybersecurity-related questions MSSPs and MSPs should ask of themselves and their customers.
5. Talent – Network Security:WatchGuard has hired F5 Networks veteran Andy Reinland as CFO. Reinland’s responsibilities included FP&A, worldwide accounting, investor relations, trade compliance and M&A. Reinland succeeds Rich Barber, who has served as WatchGuard’s CFO for nearly 10 years. Barber is exiting the business for “new endeavors,” the company said.
7. Facebook Deepfake Policy: Facebook has shed more light on its efforts to eradicate doctored videos known as deepfakes, addressing an issue it’s identified as an emergent threat ahead of the U.S. election, Bloomberg reports.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Contract Win:SilverSun Technologies and CyberHat, an Israeli Security Operations Center (SOC) provider, together have won three-year, $1 million deal to deliver cybersecurity services to a financial services company. The customer’s name was not revealed.
2. SMB Security – Canada:Darn IT Group of Toronto has agreed to offer GlobeX Data‘s hosted security and Internet privacy solutions to small business customers across Canada.
3. Connected Vehicle Security:BlackBerry and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are demonstrating a connected vehicle software platform at the Consumer Electronics (CES) Show in Las Vegas. According to a statement from the companies, the solution combines the “safety and security of BlackBerry’s QNX real-time operating system with AWS’ Internet of Things (IoT) Services in the cloud and in the car.
4. Identity and Access Management (IAM): Systems integrator iC Consult Group is Auth0‘s first partner covering the German market. In fact, iC Consult works with half of major German companies on the DAX stock index, and the systems integrator also has 12 offices across the United Kingdom, Europe, America and Asia.