Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Taking Stance vs. Russia: Global IT consulting firm DXC Technology and backup software provider Veeam are the latest business to essentially turn off their business pipelines in Russia.
2. Cybersecurity Alliance: Cloudflare, CrowdStrike and Ping Identity have announced a Critical Infrastructure Defense Project to “provide free cybersecurity services to particularly vulnerable industries during this time of heightened risk.” The project, in collaboration with core partners across the public sector, will also “offer an easy-to-follow roadmap that businesses in any industry can use to implement step-by-step security measures to defend themselves from cyberattack,” the companies indicated.
3. Partnership – Managed Security Services: Sherweb’s MSP partners now have access to Trend Micro’s Worry-Free security suite.
4. Government Cybersecurity: Mandiant has earned Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Ready designation at the High Impact level for Mandiant Advantage Automated Defense. The result: U.S. federal agencies can leverage Mandiant’s threat detection, prioritization and response capabilities, the company said.
5. Measuring Security Maturity: KnowBe4 has introduced the new Security Culture Maturity Model, the industry’s first maturity model specifically aimed at measuring security culture, the company said.
6. Threat Intelligence: IT security leaders seeking to boost internal threat intelligence (TI) programs would prefer to delegate five out of eight major TI aspects to external vendors rather than develop them in-house, according to a survey conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Kaspersky.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar