Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 October 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Integrations – SOC and Microsoft Azure Sentinel: Quzara Cybertorch, a Washington D.C.-based based Security Operations Center (SOC) and Microsoft Partner, announced deeper integrations for the Microsoft Commercial and Government Cloud. Quzara Cybertorch leverages Microsoft Azure Sentinel to ingest, investigate, and respond to alerts from Microsoft 365 Defender, Azure Defender, and Microsoft Defender for Endpoints, the company says.
2. Integration – SIEM: IntSights has launched an IntSights Application for Splunk. The application integrates IntSight’s External Threat Protection Suite with Splunk to “seamlessly access enterprise-specific threat intelligence from IntSights directly within existing Splunk deployments,” the company says.
5. Risk Mitigation – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Agile1 has launched Predictive Analytics Risk Scoring to “provide technology executives with the foresight to understand cyber risk and guide security teams to respond” more quickly to risk issues, the company says.
6. Partner Program – SASE for MSPs: Todyl, a provider of Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) services for MSP’s, has launched a partner program and hired Quest Software veteran Darrin Swan as channel chief.
7. Partner Program – Autonomous Detection and Response: Confluera has launched its Confluera 2020 Reseller Program.
8. Partner Program – Physical Security as a Service: YourSix Inc. has hired Ken Worcester as channel chief.
9. Partnership – Data Privacy: Darkside Enterprises, a managed solutions provider in New York, has embraced BlackFog to “address increasing customer concerns around data exfiltration and data privacy, and to ultimately lower their RISK,” the companies say.
10. Partnership – Open Source Vulnerability Management: PerimeterX and Snyk, have inked a technology alliance partnership that “solves the growing number of open source vulnerabilities found in web applications,” the companies say.
11. Partnership- XDR: REVEZ Corporation, a provider of technology solutions based in Singapore, has “rapidly closed a number of engagements with Asia-Pacific companies buying the Stellar Cyber Open XDR platform to drive their next-generation Security Operations Center (SOC),” Stellar says.
12. Penetration Testing: APIsec has updated its API security platform — allowing enterprise security and compliance groups to obtain certified, compliant API penetration testing reports on-demand, the company says.
13. Data Security: AvePoint, a five-time Microsoft Partner of the year, has launched a general Policies and Insights (PI) Software-as-a-Service solution. The service monitors sensitive content exposure across Microsoft 365 and proactively enforces policies to prevent data oversharing, AvePoint says.
14. Data Security – Cloud Access Security Broker: CipherCloud has launched an enhanced Data Discovery solution. The update includes “advanced visualization and automated remediation features” for users to leverage a centralized lifecycle approach to data security.
15. Zero Trust – IoT Networks: DH2i has launched DxOdyssey for IoT. The software-defined perimeter (SDP) solution provides end-to-end Zero Trust IoT (Internet of Things) connectivity, the company says.
16. APT Attack Targets Windows Error Reporting Service: Details from Malwarebytes are here.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 USA (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar