Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Expansion – Cyber Insurance: Cowbell Cyber, a cyber insurance provider for small to medium enterprises (SMEs), expanded its policyholder base 34X times since the beginning of 2021 while reported claims remained under 1%, the company said. Actual revenue and profit figures were not disclosed.
2. Research – Cyberattack Trends: Organizations have faced 40% more cyberattacks per week 40% more attacks weekly on organizations in 2021 compared to 2020, according to Check Point Software Technologies research.
3. Ransomware Attack Mitigation: A-LIGN has unveiled a Ransomware Preparedness Assessment Service. The service provides organizations with a “holistic strategy to evaluate preparedness for a potential ransomware attack,” A-LIGN asserted.
4. Certification – Security Planning Executives: CompTIA has launched an update to the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) credential. The update is designed for senior level personnel who are responsible for an organization’s cybersecurity planning and readiness.
5. API Security: Parasoft on October 12 will release version 2021.2 of Parasoft SOAtest, Virtualize, CTP, and DTP. The software allows customers to identify API security vulnerabilities.
6. M&A – Email Delivery: Sinch AB has acquired Pathwire, a cloud-based email delivery platform, from private equity firm Thoma Bravo for $1.9 billion. Pathwire’s branded email services include Mailgun, Mailjet and Email on Acid.
7. Healthcare – IoT Device Security: Cynerio has launched Cynerio Now! to help small hospitals reduce risks to medical IoT devices.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
2. Partner Program – Risk Management: SecurityGate.io, a risk management acceleration platform for industrial companies, has attracted roughly 30 partners since launching a partner program in June 2021.
3. Partnership – Ransomware Mitigation: Cohesity Helios now integrates with Cisco SecureX. The integration allows partners and customers to “accelerate time to discovery, investigation, and remediation,” of ransomware threats and other cyber risks.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 13, 20 & 27, virtual)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar