Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 07 October 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MDR for MSPs: Keep an eye on these N-able developments and relationships with SentinelOne and Blackpoint Cyber.
2. MDR and SOC Services: Blackpoint Cyber has introduced Blackpoint Response, Managed Defender for Endpoint, an Apple macOS agent and vulnerability scanning capabilities. The company offers 24×7 MDR and SOC services to MSPs.
3. MDR – Executive Leadership: eSentire has added two cyber experts to its board of directors. The new appointees include Amit Mital, a former special assistant to the President and senior director in the White House; and John Becker, a well-known advisor who also has held CEO posts and multiple companies.
4. Hack Triggers Australia Privacy Regulation Debate: Australia proposed an overhaul of consumer privacy rules that will help facilitate targeted data sharing between telecommunication firms and banks following a massive data breach at Optus, the country’s second largest mobile operator, Reuters reported.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2022 (October 26-28, In-person and Virtual)
- Forrester Security and Risk Conference 2022 (November 8-9, Washington, D.C.)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)