Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. New CISA Guidance Regarding MSPs: The CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency) has released a new framework for government and private sector organizations on how to engage with MSPs to minimize supply risk and improve their overall security.
2. Salesforce Cloud and Phishing Attacks: Hackers are using the Salesforce cloud platform to impersonate the Israel Postal Service and launch phishing attacks, Perception Point reports.
3. More ProxyShell Exchange Ransomware Attack Details: The latest Sophos findings are here.
4. PrivateLog Malware: The Mandiant Advanced Practices team recently discovered a new malware family — now named named PRIVATELOG and its installer, STASHLOG. Details are here from Mandiant’s website.
5. Talent – Email Security: Mimecast has appointed Joe Mercurio as interim chief revenue officer (CRO), effective October 5, 2021. The opportunity surfaced after CRO Dino DiMarino disclosed plans to exit the business in early October to pursue another opportunity. DiMarino’s potential destination was not disclosed.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Championship Security Summit (September 13 and 17, Napa, California)
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar