Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 08 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding and Talent – SOC as a Service: AgileBlue has raised funding and hired several executives to drive the company’s managed breach detection & SOC as a Service (SOCaaS) initiatives. Kevin MacDonald, former founder and CEO of Black Mountain Systems (now Allvue), has joined the board of directors on behalf of the investor group. New hires include Perch Security veteran Michael Golz as global director of channel business; Gillian Sweny as director of marketing; and William Descent as global director of sales.
2. Potential IPO (Initial Public Offering): British cybersecurity company Darktrace is finalizing plans for a £3bn stock market listing, Sky News reports.
3. Investment – Security Software: SoftBank Vision Fund 2 and Franklin Templeton led a $210 million investment in OneTrust at a valuation of more than $5 billion, the privacy and security software provider said, according to Reuters.
4. Partner Program – Device Security: Ordr, a provider of “security for all connected devices,” has expanded its international partnerships in Europe and APAC (Asia Pacific). In fact, Ordr channel partnerships span over 50 countries, with international sales growing by more than 400% in the past six months, the company says. Actual revenue dollar figures were not disclosed.
5. Cyber Insurance – New York: Cowbell Cyber‘s standalone cyber insurance program targeted at businesses with up to $100 million in revenue is now admitted in the state of New York.
6. Ransomware Attacks Massachusetts School District: Schools in Haverhill, Massachusetts, will be closed April 7, 2021, after the district’s computer system was hit with a ransomware attack, a local NBC news affiliate reports.
7. Maritime Cybersecurity: Cyware and the Maritime Transportation System Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MTS-ISAC) have partnered tenable MTS-ISAC’s community to run more efficient end-to-end security automation, cybersecurity operations, threat hunting and incident response programs.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar