Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 08 July 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Kaseya Cyberattack Recovery Delayed: Kaseya has delayed a SaaS RMM platform restore until July 11, so that the MSP software company can implement additional security settings to the system, CEO Fred Voccola said in a company video on July 7. The REvil Ransomware cyber gang attacked Kaseya on July 2.
2. Microsoft – MSSP and ISV Partnerships: Protectional technology solutions provider DynTek Services and content migration solutions provider Xillio have joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers that have integrated their solutions with Microsoft to increase visibility and better protect against threats, the companies say.
3. Partnership – Government IT Infrastructure: Atos and IBM announced plans to collaborate to “build a new, highly-advanced digital infrastructure for the Dutch Ministry of Defense.” Financial terms of the contract win were not disclosed. Atos and IBM have had a strategic alliance in place since January 2021.
7. Kaspersky Password Manager Flaws: The issues are described here.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar