Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 08 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Google Acquires Mandiant: Details are here.
2. MSSPs and Customers – Who Owns the Risk?: Even if a company hires an MSSP to mitigate cyber risk, the hiring company still owns the risk — according to Fortinet VP Jonathan Nguyen-Duy.
3. SaaS Application Security Trends for MSPs: Find the latest research findings from SaaS Alerts here.
4. SaaS Application Security: Canonic Security has launched AppTotal, a free community offering “enabling security analysis of any SaaS integration, third-party app or add-on.” The platform offers a continuously updated index of SaaS add-ons and integrations, starting with Google Workspace, Microsoft 365/Azure and Slack, with Atlassian, Salesforce and others coming soon, Canonic indicated.
5. Funding – Cybersecurity Asset Management & SaaS Management: Axonius has closed $200 million in Series E funding, led by Accel. The company’s valuation is now $2.6 billion.
6. Managed Security for SMBs: Vodafone is partnering with Accenture to offer managed security services to SMB customers in Germany, the two companies said.
7. Conti Ransomware Attacks: eSentire posted this warning and analysis of Conti Ransomware attacks.
8. Cybersecurity Talent: Trellix and Gotara are partnering in a bid to close the cybersecurity talent gap. The move comes one week after Stellar Cyber announced a cyber talent development strategy involving Boise State University.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar