Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 08 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – European Cybersecurity Startups: The European Cyber Security Organisation and the European Investment Advisory Hub will participate in a feasibility study on the design and set-up of a European Cybersecurity Investment Platform (EICP). The feasibility study will be carried out by the Advisory Hub together with experts from the EIB Group and PricewaterhouseCoopers as a consultant. This public-private collaboration was initiated by the Basque Cybersecurity Centre (BCSC), participants announced.
2. Ransomware Attacks Target VMware ESXi Servers: Details from Sophos are here.
3. Research – SMB Security: The latest findings are here from Untangle.
4. Research – Patching Complexity: Fully 71% of IT and security professionals found patching to be overly complex, cumbersome, and time consuming. Moreover, 57% of respondents stated that remote work has increased the complexity and scale of patch management. Those statistics surfaced in an Ivanti research report about patch management challenges…
5. Security Guidance: Kaspersky’s new Ask the Analyst service will allow businesses to reach out to the company’s researchers for their opinions and guidance on cyberthreats and security issues on an as needed basis, the endpoint security software company said.
6. Endpoint Security: Talon Cyber Security has launched TalonWork, a browser-based endpoint solution, the company said.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
3. Distribution – Small Business Cybersecurity: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute Palo Alto Networks Okyo Garde to VARs and technology solutions providers that support small businesses across the United States.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 13, 20 & 27, virtual)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar