Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 09 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Channel Chief – Cloud Security: Redacted has named Aaron Ansari as chief revenue officer. This is a newly created role at the startup.
2. Cybersecurity Talent and Training: SimSpace has unveiled SkillWise, which provides a “realistic environment to conduct individual and team cyber training exercises.”
3. Integration – Security Posture Automation and ServiceNow: Balbix announced today new integrations with ServiceNow. The result: Partners and customers can “automatically augment cyber risk data with business context and integrate remediation efforts with their existing security and IT workflows. CISOs can eliminate thousands of hours from the time required to operationalize cyber risk quantification (CRQ) in dollars and close the gap between cybersecurity and the business,” Balbix asserted.
4. Quarterly Financial Results – Cloud-based Security: Qualys revenue was $119.9 million in Q2 of 2022, up 20% from the corresponding quarter last year. Net income was $26.6 million — up from $21.1 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
5. Offensive Security Practice: CrossCountry Consulting, a business advisory firm, launched its Cyber & Privacy practice’s offensive cybersecurity capabilities into Icebreaker, a newly enhanced offering. Icebreaker provides threat assessment, cyber-attack simulation, and remediation services, that complement the practice’s already established cyber strategy and transformation, cloud security, and application security capabilities.
6. Ransomware Prevention – Endpoint Security: Xcitium, formerly known as Comodo Security Solutions, has launched ZeroThreat — a patented endpoint technology to “proactively protect against ransomware and other malware across all industries,” the company said.
7. Twitter Security Issue: Twitter fixed a privacy bug somewhere around January 2022. Still, the bug had been active for about six months — and hackers apparently exploited it. according to an August 2022 blog from Twitter.
8. Cyberattack Hits 7- Eleven Denmark Stores: Preliminary details are here.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar