Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 09 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Coming Soon: MSSP Alert, ChannelE2E and CyberRisk Alliance are working on something new specifically for the MSP and MSSP ecosystems. If you’d like the early details, please send email to Editorial Director Joe Panettieri and/or Executive VP Amy Katz with the subject line “Something New.”
3. Partnership – Virtual Red Team: Legion Cyberworks has partnered with Horizon3.ai to provide customers with a new VRT (Virtual Red Team) service. The partnership will “enable customers to complete the find, fix, verify loop to ensure any exploit is remediated and close out security gaps that lead to intrusions and data breaches,” the companies said.
4. Interview – Kaseya CISO Perspectives: Former FBI Agent Jason Manar, in this interview, describes his transition to Kaseya as CISO after that MSP software company suffered a REvil ransomware attack in July 2022.
5. Cloud SIEM and SOAR – Sumo Logic Quarterly Results: Sumo Logic‘s revenue was $67 million in Q4 of fiscal 2022, up 24 percent from Q4 of the corresponding quarter last year. The Cloud SIEM and SOAR platform provider expects revenues to 19 percent to 21 percent in the fiscal year ahead.
6. Security Awareness – European Expansion: SoSafe, backed by $73 million in Series B funding, plans to expand into four European regions — specifically, Benelux, Nordics, Southern Europe, and the United Kingdom/Ireland.
7. Distribution – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Ingram Micro and Okta have expanded their go-to-market relationship to reach more than 40 countries across all regions of the world in 2022, including Europe and Asia Pacific.
9. Executive Leadership – Cybersecurity Training: Cybrary has named four executives to the leadership team:
- Rob Usey as CTO;
- Charlie Booth as CFO;
- Mary Fad as VP of marketing; and
- Tonya Butler as VP of people.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar