Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 09 November 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Privileged Access Management: EY Canada has acquired IDMSense, a boutique Digital Identity firm that offers Privileged Access Management (PAM), Secrets Management and Cloud-based Identity Management services.
2. Autonomous Threat Prevention: Check Point Software Technologies has introduced R81, a unified cyber security platform that features autonomous threat prevention.
3. Partnership – Asia: Cornet Solutions has agreed to resell and integrate Virsec’s application-aware server workload protection solutions in Asia.
4. Security Incident – Higher Education: Binghamton University over the weekend was responding to a security incident that impacted a majority of business information services and access to shared information systems utilized by staff and faculty, according to an email from the University. Binghamton is part of the State University of New York (SUNY) network.
MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar