Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 December 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
2. Funding – Cloud Security: Wiz, a cloud security startup, has emerged from stealth mode with $100 million in Series A financing from Index Ventures, Sequoia, Insight Partners and Cyberstarts. The massive financing arrives just nine months after the Wiz founding team wrote its first line of code, the company says. Wiz was founded in January 2020 by the former leads of Microsoft’s Cloud Security Group and the founding team of Adallom, which was acquired by Microsoft in 2015 for $320 million.
3. eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): SIEM software provider empow has expanded its i-XDR platform to include an integrated Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) agent.
4. AWS – Network Detection and Response: IronNet Cybersecurity is offering its professional services in AWS Marketplace.
5. Security Operations Center – Middle East: IBM Security has opened its first security operations center (SOC) in Saudi Arabia, Arab News reports.
6. Endpoint Security Management: ESET has launched a new endpoint security management platform, called ESET PROTECT, in selected countries. The new solution can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud.
7. Partnership – Network Visibility and Security: Axellio and Garland Technology are partnering to “provide exceptional visibility and analysis of organizations’ network traffic to dramatically improve the detection of cybersecurity threats,” the two companies say.
8. Hackers Steal Vaccine Information: U.S. drugmaker Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech said documents related to development of their COVID-19 vaccine had been “unlawfully accessed” in a cyberattack on Europe’s medicines regulator, according to Reuters.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2021 (October 4-8)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar