Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 March 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Mandatory Cyber Insurance?: New California legislation may make cyber insurance a mandatory business requirement, Security Boulevard reports.
2. Anti-Ransomware – Consumer Technology: NeuShield is extending its Data Sentinel technology to consumers. NeuShield is an anti-ransomware technology that can recover damaged data from malicious software attacks without a back-up, the company asserts.
4. Talent – Endpoint Security: Malwarebytes has hired Adam Hyder as senior VP of engineering.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado). Canceled
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California) — Online only. Face-to-face canceled.
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2020 (May 16-21, New York). Canceled
- Updated: Complete list of conference cancelations & postponements due to coronavirus concerns.
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar