Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 10 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. ConnectWise IT Nation News: Track all the MSP security news from ConnectWise’s conference here.
2. MSSPs and MITRE: MSSPs fared well in in the first MITRE evaluations, eSecurity Planet reported.
3. Vulnerability Management Services: Flashpoint has unveiled a ransomware prediction model that “allows vulnerability management teams to improve remediation efforts that could prevent cyber extortion events.” The effort involves VulnDB, a vulnerability database available on the market.
4. Partnership – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): eSentire has partnered with InfoTrust to expand its presence in Australia.
5. Partnership – XDR and Cloud Services: Data Theorem and AlphaSOC have partnered to address attack surface management for cloud-native applications.
6. Identity and Access Management: iC Consult Group has launched iC Consult France as part of its European expansion plan.
7. Spyware Regulation: A Europe-wide moratorium on surveillance software such as NSO Group’s Pegasus and similar products is needed to clamp down on abuses, according to a draft report from European Union lawmakers, The Wall Street Journal reported.
8. Industrial Cybersecurity Group: A group of cybersecurity companies that help defend industrial systems from hackers is forming a lobbying group as U.S. officials increase regulation of such digital tools, The Wall Street Journal reported. Founding members of the Operational Technology Cybersecurity Coalition include Claroty, Forescout Technologies Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Nozomi Networks Inc. and Tenable Inc.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)