Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 11 April 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A – Private Equity and Identity Security: Thoma Bravo is acquiring SailPoint Technologies, though the deal includes a go-shop period that allows SailPoint to solicit higher bids for the security business.
2. M&A List – Identity and Access Management (IAM) Companies: Here’s a look at nearly 20 M&A deals involving IAM security businesses — including the buyers, sellers, investors and some deal valuations.
3. Hosting Provider Launches SMB Security Services: Ace Cloud Hosting (ACE), a cloud services provider focused on application hosting and virtual desktops, has launched managed security services. The services span Managed Firewall, Managed SIEM, Managed EDR with EPP, and Managed email security. Key partners include Proofpoint for email security and CrowdStrike for EDR (endpoint detection and response), the hosting provider said.
4. MSSP Launch: CyVig has launched as a cybersecurity solutions provider. The Scottsdale, Arizona-based MSSP offers managed threat detection and prevention. CyVig services are deployed through managed next-gen SIEM, XDR, and firewall technology. The company has a US-based Security Operations Center (SOC).
5. Spyware: Senior officials at the European Commission were targeted in 2021 with spyware designed by an Israeli surveillance firm, Reuters reported. The story mentioned a spyware tool called ForcedEntry, and surveillance vendors such as NSO Group and QuaDream, but the report did not specifically say which spyware was allegedly involved in the targeting campaign.
6. Cyber Incident Reporting: CISA offers this guidance for cyber incident information sharing…
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Purple Hats 2022 by AttackIQ (April 21)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar