Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 11 February 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Supply Chain Software Attacks: The FBI continues to warn organizations about cyberattacks that target supply chain software providers, ZDNet reports.
2. Talent – PC Security: PC Matic has hired Microsoft and Citrix veteran Emeline Espinet as VP of strategy and business development.
3. Talent – Cybersecurity Asset Management: Axonius has named Mark Daggett as VP of channels and alliances. Daggett will prioritize responding to increased demand in the United States with VAR Partners first and foremost, as well as helping to develop EMEA with Distribution and VAR Partners, and identifying and developing new strategic Alliance Partners, the company says.
4. Launch – Secure Operations Automation: Tufin SecureCloud, a security policy automation service for enterprises , is now available.
5. Launch – Security Platform: High Wire Networks has introduced Overwatch 24/7, the “cornerstone” of the Overwatch Managed Security Platform as a Service, the company says.
6. Launch – Secure Access: Netskope has announced general availability of Netskope Private Access, a cloud-based Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) solution that provides secure access to private applications, databases, file shares, servers and other services hosted in public clouds and enterprise data centers.
7. Launch – Attack System: Randori today launched its flagship product, the Randori Attack Platform. The platform enables “organizations to practice defending against real-world attacks in a safe, cost-effective and continuous manner, helping them assess where and how they are most likely to be breached,” the company says.
8. Research – Phishing Attacks: The latest Vade Secure findings are here.
9. Research – IBM Findings: The IBM X-Force Threat Intelligence Index 2020 report is here.
10. Research – Client-Side Web Security: Details are here.
11. Research – Mac Security Threats: Malwarebytes‘ annual “State of Malware” report shows Mac threats growing faster than their Windows counterparts for the first time ever, with nearly twice as many Mac threats detected per endpoint as Windows threats.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar