Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 11 February 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Growth – MSSP Business: Digital Shadows grew bookings 67 percent in 2020 vs. 2019, with particularly strong momentum in the company’s MSSP business. More than 30 partners — including Optiv, Security HQ, Encode — now work with Digital Shadows.
2. Cloud SIEM Training: Sumo Logic has launched two new free certifications in its training program, to help MSSPs and end-customers leverage real-time data analytics across Observability and Cloud SIEM (security information and event management).
3. Privileged Access Governance: Securden the provider of Privileged Access Governance solutions, has launched an integrated privileged access management (PAM) platform.
4. Email Security: Tessian has unveiled an email security capability that detects attachment anomalies, and allows employees to correct their mistakes before data falls into the wrong inbox. The new feature will be part of Tessian’s accidental data loss solution Guardian,
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. MDR and Microsoft: eSentire has integrated its MDR (managed detection and response) services with Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, and it has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA).
2. Partnership: High Wire Networks Inc. and its cybersecurity business unit, Overwatch Managed Security, have teamed up with BKD Cyber, the cybersecurity and IT risk consulting arm of BKD CPAs & Advisors, to distribute High Wire Network’s Overwatch 24/7 managed security services to its clients.
3. Integration – Industrial IoT (IIoT): Ordr and Fortinet have partnered to help MSSPs and customers further secure IoT and unmanaged devices.
4. Partnership – Cyber Risk Monitoring: Panaseer, a Continuous Controls Monitoring (CCM) platform for enterprise security, has partnered with PwC UK to offer continuous Cyber Risk Monitoring.
5. Active Directory Security: Enzoic for Active Directory can now check credentials at installation and password creation, and continuously monitor for and detect compromised credentials, the company says. The automated tool screens passwords against the dynamic Enzoic database containing billions of exposed credentials. This helps organizations prevent the use of compromised credentials, reducing the risk of a successful account takeover, Enzoic asserts.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Fortinet Accelerate 2021 (March 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar