Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 11 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partnership – Darktrace and Microsoft Azure Sentinel: Darktrace and Microsoft are partnering to provide mutual customers with “enterprise scale, self-learning AI that detects and autonomously responds to cyber-threats,” Darktrace says. The collaboration “amplifies Darktrace’s self-learning artificial intelligence for cybersecurity within Microsoft environments, including Microsoft 365 and cloud applications like Azure Sentinel,” the companies add.
2. Quarterly Financial Results – Email Security: Mimecast announced:
- Revenue of $133.9 million in Q4 of 2021, up 17 percent compared to Q4 of 2020.
- Net income was $5.8 million in Q4 of 2021, up from $2.5 million in Q4 of 2020.
3. Momentum – Email Security & Cloud Backup: Barracuda’s email protection solutions, including Sentinel and Forensics and Incident Response, added 3,400 new customers in FY2021, which ended February 28, 2021. That’s 60 percent year over year growth in new customers, the company says. Also, Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud backup experienced 112 percent growth. And annual recurring revenue (ARR) for Barracuda MSP’s email protection solutions grew 66 percent year-over-year at the end of Q4 FY2021. Barracuda is owned by private equity firm Thoma Bravo.
4. Security Appliance: CyFlare, which offers white label security services to MSSPs and MSPs, has released the 500 Series converged security appliance — which can connect to and process up to 40-Gbps of network traffic, the company says. The 500 Series is the third model in the CyFlare lineup that will now “enable clients to scale from SOHO (Small Office or Home Office) to large enterprises,” CyFlare asserts.
5. Talent – Security Testing: Bishop Fox has hired BitSight and Arbor Networks veteran MJ Porcello as the company’s new vice president of team people.
6. Talent – Board of Advisors: Cado Security, which develops a cloud-native digital forensics platform, has appointed former Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to its board of advisors.
7. Talent – CISO: Semperis, a provider of identity-driven cyber resilience for enterprises, has hired Ernst & Young veteran James (Jim) W. Doggett Jr. as chief information security officer (CISO).
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar