Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 11 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. September 11, 2001: Never forget the victims and the heroes. Within the tech industry, many of us will never forget the life and legacy of Mark Bingham, a former 3Com PR leader who perished on that day trying to save the rest of us. You can read Mark’s life story here. Pass it on. Never forget.
2. M&A – Cyber Risk Mitigation: SOAR software provider ThreatConnect has acquired Nehemiah Security, which specializes in Cyber Risk Quantification solutions.
3. Funding – Cloud-Native Security: Britive, a provider of cloud-native security solutions, has raised $5.4 million in late seed funding led by Upfront Ventures. Kara Nortman, partner at Upfront Ventures, joins the Britive board in conjunction with the investment. Co-investors in the round include venture firms OneWay and SmartGate, Andrew Peterson, CEO of Signal Sciences and Dave Cole, CEO of Open Raven.
4. Integration – Threat Detection and Response: Gigamon ThreatINSIGHT now integrates with Cisco SecureX. The integration allows partners to optimize network security through accelerated threat detection and response (NDR), the companies say.
5. Partnership – SOAR: Check Point Software Technologies will make the Siemplify Security Operations Platform available to its global client base, the two companies say. The Siemplify platform integrates with Check Point solutions to give security operations center (SOC) teams a single, unified workbench for identifying, triaging and blocking threats with unrivaled speed and efficiency, the companies say.
6. Africa – MSSP Business Unit: Liquid Telecom, a pan-African telecommunications group, has launched a Cyber Security unit that offers end-to-end managed services for digital security solutions, the company says.
7. Ripple20 Threat Risk: Roughly 35% of IT environments are vulnerable to Ripple20 vulnerabilities, Extrahop warns.
8. Ransomware and Cyber Insurance: Ransomware incidents have accounted for 41% of cyber insurance claims filed in the first half of 2020, according to a report published today by Coalition, one of the largest providers of cyber insurance services in North America, ZDnet reports.
9. Talent: Bugcrowd, a crowdsourced cybersecurity company, has added two board advisory members. They are:
- Norma Lane, chief human resources officer and executive vice president of people and places at Infoblox; and
- Dave Gerry, chief revenue officer and head of global operations at WhiteHat Security, a wholly-owned, independent subsidiary of NTT Ltd.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar