Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
3. Clubhouse Data Scrape: An SQL database containing 1.3 million scraped Clubhouse user records has been leaked for free on a popular hacker forum, CyberNews reports.
4. Attack Surface Management: Randori has updated its Attack Surface Management (ASM) and Continuous Red-Teaming (CART) platform. Key enhancements include Target Temptation, a new engine that assesses the “attackability” of external assets.
5. Research – Mobile Malware Attacks: Check Point’s latest findings are here.
6. Partnership – Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): Oracle has integrated its Session Border Controller with Check Point’s Quantum Edge.Oracle also added a direct connection to Check Point’s Harmony Connect, a SASE firewall-as-a-service, to add next generation firewall functionality to the local stateful firewall. The Oracle SD-WAN, with the bundled firewall, provides protection at the bottom-four layers of the OSI stack, Oracle Director of Product Marketing Douglas Tait writes in a blog. He points to these areas of protection:
- Physical and network layer: device/application/network protection through traffic Isolation and secure operations
- Data link layer: five layers of encryption and data-path replication
- Network and transport layer: failsafe reliability, security zones
- Transport layer: traffic segmentation and an integrated zone-based stateful firewalls
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar