Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 May 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Intel Thunderspy Vulnerability: Here are the details.
2. Ransomware Research: The total cost of recovery almost doubles when organizations pay a ransom. according to The State of Ransomware 2020, a new report from Sophos.
3. Ransomware Attacks Pitney Bowes: Package and mail delivery giant Pitney Bowes has suffered a second ransomware attack in the past seven months, ZDNet reports.
4. Ransomware Attacks ATM Provider: Diebold Nixdorf, a major provider of automatic teller machines (ATMs) and payment technology to banks and retailers, recently suffered a ransomware attack that disrupted some operations, KrebsOnSecurity reports. The company says the hackers never touched its ATMs or customer networks, and that the intrusion only affected its corporate network, the report adds.
5. Cyber Insurance and Ransomware Coverage: Axon Underwriting Services has added CyberAdvantage to its suite of specialized insurance products for small to medium size enterprises (SME), Insurance Journal reports. The proprietary cyber liability program is backed by Lloyd’s of London and responds to client breach and ransomware incidents providing response services, defense cost, business interruption, data recovery and credit monitoring coverage, the report says.
6. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): Liquid.com has chosen Sumo Logic Cloud SIEM to provide real-time security intelligence and insights to bolster application security and compliance for its cryptocurrency platform — which processes more than one billion transactions a day, the companies say.
7. Slack Security: Avanan has announced new security protocols to protect Slack.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Cybersecurity Alliances
6. Partnership – Endpoint Security: Aruba, an HPE company, has integrated Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager with Microsoft endpoint protection platforms. The integration allows ClearPass to control access to network resources based on endpoint security intelligence provided by Microsoft, reducing the risk posed by compromised network connections, Aruba says.
8. Partnership: OpenText is integrating Image Analyzer AI computer vision technology directly into the OpenText EnCase Forensic and OpenText EnCase Endpoint Investigator via a new module, OpenText Media Analyzer for EnCase.
C. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar