Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A – Vulnerability Assessment Software: HelpSystems has acquired Beyond Security, a provider of vulnerability assessment and management software. The team and solutions from Beyond Security will fit into HelpSystems’ infrastructure protection portfolio featuring Digital Defense, Core Security, and Cobalt Strike, the buyer says.
2. M&A – Apple Device Security: Apple device management software provider Jamf acquired Wandera, a provider of zero trust cloud security and access for mobile devices.
4. Investment – Cyber Risk Ratings Service: Moody’s and Team8 have invested $25 million in VisibleRisk, a joint venture established by the two companies in 2019 to evaluate enterprise cyber risk. Additionally, VisibleRisk today announced the launch of a Cyber Rating product, building on the collaboration between Moody’s and Team8 to develop a global standard for assessing corporate cyber risk.
5. Threat Response Software: Cyware has unveiled Cyware Threat Response Docker, a free, curated open-source solution that combines multiple open-source threat intelligence tools in one location to help analysts and researchers more efficiently analyze security data, the company says.
6. XDR and SIEM: Exabeam, the security analytics and automation company, has announced Exabeam Fusion XDR and Exabeam Fusion SIEM, two cloud-delivered security products that that help MSSPs and MSPs to solve threat detection, investigation and response (TDIR) without disrupting an organization’s existing technology stack, Exabeam asserts.
7. Secure Access Service Edge (SASE): iboss has unveiled a license package that allows organizations to turn on an unlimited number of core platform features on the iboss SASE Cloud Platform, while securely connecting unlimited users and unlimited devices to any resource, the company says.
8. Partner – AWS: CloudKnox Security, a permissions management platform provider, has joined the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Accelerate Program.
9. Talent: Mimecast hired Nexthink veteran Bernd Leger as chief marketing officer.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar