Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 12 May 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. SOC Services for MSPs: Eynetech has introduced Secucenter, a SOC service offering for MSPs and MSSPs. Eynetech is a white label partner that has worked with MSPs and technology solutions providers for roughly seven years. The company’s relationships span roughly 50 MSPs, according to an Eynetech spokesperson. MSSP Alert does not know which third-party SOC tools, if any, that Secucenter leverages.
2. Security Operations: Arctic Wolf, which is gearing up for a potential IPO, has introduced a new security operations module called Arctic Wolf Data Exploration. The module supports Universal Visibility, Unlimited Ingestion, Unified Portal & Concierge Collaboration, the company said.
3. Threat Detection: SOC Prime has launched a search engine for threat hunting, threat detection, and cyber threat intelligence. The search engine “enables security teams to quickly find relevant information on cyber threats including dedicated Sigma rules aligned with the MITRE ATT&CK framework and instant translations for 25+ SIEM, EDR, and XDR solutions,” SOC Prime asserts.
4. Threat Hunting – Critical Infrastructure: Recon InfoSec, a provider of end-to-end security operations services, is offering free cybersecurity threat hunts for select Critical Infrastructure (CI) organizations.
5. Risk Measurement and Management: AdvIntel has introduced Adversary Risk (AR), a risk assessment tool that “enables organizations to quickly identify and assess true organizational cyber risk and ransomware exposure levels, and address them in a targeted manner,” the company asserted.
8. Partnership – Security Orchestration: Hitachi Systems has selected the Corsa Security Orchestrator for the “intelligent orchestration of virtual firewalls, which they are offering their customers in Singapore and India.
9. Cloud Security: Orca Security has unveiled cloud security solution that provides “context-aware Shift Left Security for cloud infrastructure and applications,” the company asserted. The results: Orca Security helps DevOps teams to “understand the potential impact of security issues on cloud application production environments, and fix those issues earlier in the software development lifecycle (SDLC), while also providing security teams with automated remediation to prevent security issues from progressing across the SDLC.” the company said.
10. Talent – Data Protection: Titaniam, has named Howard Doherty as VP of sales. Doherty previously held key posts at Cassia Network, DriveScale, Western Digital and Akeia Software.
11. CyberArk Quarterly Financial Results: The company’s revenue was $127.6 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2022 — up from $112.8 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
12. CyberArk Venture Capital: CyberArk has launched a $30 million venture capital fund and invested in three cybersecurity startups:
- Dig Security for real-time threat detection across data and assets hosted in public clouds;
- Enso Security for application security posture management; and
- Zero Networks for identity-based microsegmentation capabilities.
13. Funding – Email Security: Material Security has raised $100 million in Series-C funding at a valuation of $1.1 billion. The round is led by Founders Fund, with participation from previous backers Andreesen Horowitz, Silicon Valley solo capitalist Elad Gil and other individual tech investors.
14. Cybersecurity Incident Reporting Policies: A prominent tech trade group is asking the Securities and Exchange Commission to hold off implementing a slew of new cybersecurity-related regulations, saying it could confuse industry and step on similar efforts by other agencies, SC Media reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar