Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Stolen Zoom Security Credentials Found Online: Two security firms have found thousands of usernames and passwords for Zoom accounts for sale and warn that the shift to remote work is changing attackers’ targets, Dark Reading reports.
2. Cybersecurity Company for Sale?: That’s the rumor about Nyotron.
3. Ransomware Attack Recovery: The town of Jupiter, Florida, has largely recovered from a March 21 ransomware attack, The Palm Beach Post reports.
4. SEC Hacker Settlement: The US Securities Exchange Commission has settled charges with two of the nine people it suspects have been involved in hacking its EDGAR database in 2016, ZDNet reports.
5. Talent – Digital Identity: ForgeRock has named Eve Maler as CTO.
6. Talent – Digital Risk Mitigation: GroupSense has named Adam Bregenzer as chief technology officer and Jeffrey Duran as chief marketing officer.
7. Talent – Network Security: iboss has named Linda McCord as director of channel sales, Erick Foy as senior director of channels sales east, Traci Sever as senior director of channel sales west, Matthew Hamling as senior director of channel sales engineering Americas, and Henry Niekerk as director of channel sales engineers.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar