Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Accenture Ransomware Lockbit Cyberattack: The latest details are here.
2. M&A – Penetration Testing: Chess ICT has acquired Armadillo.
3. Partnership – MDR and XDR: Here’s how Red Canary and SentinelOne are working together.
4. CyberArk Quarterly Financial Results: The identity security company announced Q2 of 2021 financial results. Key business metrics include:
- Total revenue of $ 117.2 million, up 10 percent from $106.5 million in Q2 of 2020.
- GAP net loss of $22.8 million, which was larger than the $4.3 million net loss in Q2 of 2020.
The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
5. Compliance – Government Security: Palo Alto Networks‘ Prisma Access technology has achieved Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Moderate Authorization.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual Event)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar