Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. White House Cyber Meeting: The White House will meet executives from Google, Apple and Amazon.com today (January 13, 2022) to discuss software security after the United States suffered several major cyberattacks last year, Reuters reported.
2. Partnership – Ransomware Mitigation & Data Protection: Cloud storage provider Backblaze has partnered with Kasten by Veeam to “enable companies to easily back up and restore Kubernetes applications using its B2 Cloud Storage service,” the companies said. The service can mitigate the risk of data loss from ransomware attacks, Backblaze added.
3. Cyber Insurance for Small and Midsize Enterprises (SMEs): Cowbell Cyber has launched Cowbell Re — a cyber insurance captive — to “address the increased demand for cyber insurance while helping policyholders build cyber resiliency and close insurability gaps,” the company said.
4. Full Stack Monitoring and Application Security: Netreo full-stack IT infrastructure monitoring and Retrace by Netreo full lifecycle APM solutions have both earned Veracode Verified Standard recognition for “proven security practices in application development.”
5. Maryland Ransomware Attack: A cyberattack that has hobbled Maryland’s health department since December 2021 was ransomware designed to prevent health workers from accessing critical systems until an extortion was paid, The Washington Post reported.