Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): GuardSight, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, cybersecurity as a service, and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has incorporated BlackBerry Protect and BlackBerry Optics into its service offering. GuardSight customers gain predictive, AI-driven, endpoint protection, the two companies say.
2. Vulnerability Management: RiskSense has upgraded its cloud-delivered platform to harmonize threat analysis, prioritization and risk scoring across network-based assets as well as applications.
3. Incident Response Training: TruMethods is hosting a session on July 14.
4. Hacked: A hacker claims to have breached the backend servers belonging to a US cybersecurity firm called DataViper, and stolen information from the company’s “data leak detection” service, ZDNet reports.
5. Hacker Convicted: A jury found Russian hacker Yevgeniy Nikulin guilty for breaching the internal networks of LinkedIn, Dropbox, and Formspring back in 2012 and then selling their user databases on the black market, ZDNet reports.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar