Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 March 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cyber Insurance Programs: Cyber Armada has announced a specialized brokerage to serve middle market companies. The move involves partnerships with some of the nation’s commercial insurance carriers, Cyber Armada says.
2. Cyber Insurance Regulations: A major government report on cybersecurity calls for the creation of a federally-funded center to develop cybersecurity insurance certifications and a public-private partnership on cyber risk models. The report, “A Warning from Tomorrow,” also calls for consideration of a government reinsurance program to cover catastrophic cyber events, Insurance Journal reports.
3. Secure Remote Access: CyberArk is expanding CyberArk Alero to support various remote access capabilities. Alero is a SaaS-based solution combining Zero Trust access and biometric multi-factor authentication (MFA).
4. Research: Dell’s latest cybersecurity findings are here.
5. Talent – Network Security Policy Management: FireMon has named Charles Gold as chief marketing officer (CMO).
6. Funding – SASE: Perimeter 81, a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) provider, has completed a $4.5 million Series A extension round, bringing the company’s total funding to $19.5 million raised in under 12 months. The round was led by Toba Capital. Existing investors also participated. Key backers and partners include SonicWall.
7. MDR Expansion: eSentire has increased EMEA bookings 134 percent year-over-year, with more than 70% of sales through its channel-centric approach and indirect channel partners by the end of the year.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California) — Online only. Face-to-face canceled.
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida) — Online only. Face-to-face canceled.
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago) — Online only. Face-to-face canceled.
- Fortinet Accelerate 2020 (May 16-21, New York). Canceled
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (June 1-4, Austin, Texas)
- Updated: Complete list of conference cancelations & postponements due to coronavirus concerns.
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar