Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 13 May 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Talent – MDR: Pondurance has hired Mike Sherwood as VP of sales. He previously held key roles at Secureworks, InteliSecure and Proofpoint.
3. Mandiant and Google Cloud Security: It’s safe to expect Mandiant to surface at the Google Cloud Security Summit on May 17. Google is set to acquire Mandiant for $5.4 billion in a bid to boost the Google Cloud Security business. Mandiant’s business continues to perform well amid the pending M&A deal, though the Department of Justice is giving the deal a look…
4. Secure Content Management – Part One: Egnyte has enriched its partner program to include unique packages, faster response time for invoicing, and dedicated training for new solutions. The updates include:
- Dedicated pricing and packages for partners.
- A designated team of experts to help MSPs select security, governance, and industry solutions.
- An expanded partner portal and enablement solutions.
5. Secure Content Management – Part Two: Egnyte has hired BugCrowd, SonicWall and Juniper Networks veteran Ravi Chopra as CFO. The move comes as Enyte pushes beyond $160 million in annual recurring revenue (ARR), CEO Vineet Jain indicated.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar