Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSSP Guidance to Customers: To help customers navigate coronavirus-related business challenges, Trustwave is providing threat detection and response guidance, assistance and support through new flexible-term cybersecurity solutions to organizations worldwide.
2. Endpoint Protection – Management Tools: SentinelOne has announced new customizable dashboards and reporting capabilities. The company also released data visualization integrations with leading business intelligence solutions Tableau and Power BI.
3. Integration: ThreatConnect users now have direct access to PolySwarm, a crowdsourced threat detection tool, that enables better detection against new and emerging malware. Cyber analysts using ThreatConnect’s Security Operations Platform can download and operate the tool from a single pane of glass, the companies say.
4. Research – Phishing Attacks: The Q1 2020 Check Point Software findings are here.
5. Ransomware Attacks Las Vegas Casinos: Details are here.
6. Talent – Email Security: Mimecast has hired Symantec veteran Bradon Rogers as senior VP of global sales engineering.
7. Talent – Breach Simulations: AttackIQ has hired Nutanix veteran Julie O’Brien as chief marketing officer (CMO), and U.S. Department of Defense veteran Jonathan Reiber as senior director of cybersecurity strategy and policy.
8. Talent – Government Security Sales: PC Matic Federal has named Brandon Sessions its chief revenue officer (CRO). Sessions, who currently serves as VP of operations for PC Matic, will lead the revenue generation process for the company’s federal services division.
9. Funding – Identity Management: Famed entrepreneurs Jim Clark and Tom (TJ) Jermoluk today publicly launched Beyond Identity and announced $30 million in Series A funding from co-leads Koch Disruptive Technologies, LLC (KDT) and New Enterprise Associates (NEA). The company is delivering a secure solution (based on industry-standard certificate chains) for passwordless identity management that requires no changes to security infrastructures, completely removes login friction for end users, and provides consumers with a much more secure alternative to password managers, Beyond Identity says.
10. Container Security: NeuVector‘ s platform now features a Vulnerability and Compliance Explorer for investigating, prioritizing, reporting, and mitigating potentially damaging vulnerability and compliance issues.
11. IronNet – Threat Analysis: IronNet Cybersecurity has announced threat landscape visualizations and technological ecosystem enhancements to IronDome.
12. BlackBerry Launch: BlackBerry has launched QNX Black Channel Communications Technology, a new software solution that OEMs and embedded software developers can use to ensure safe data communication exchanges within their safety-critical systems, the company says.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar