Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 April 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Research – Cyber Training Outcomes: Sometimes, the outcomes aren’t great, according to these survey results.
2. Distribution – SOCaaS: NovaSOC has partnered with Pax8 to distribute the company’s virtual security operations center for MSPs. NovaSOC says it has “tens of thousands of agents deployed.”
4. Partner Program – Network Security Policy Management: FireMon has updated its Ignite Partner Program designed to create significant growth and margin opportunities for partners.
5. Talent – Endpoint Security: SentinelOne has hired Joe McPhillips as director of channel sales for Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ).
7. Partnership – Email Security: Ironscales has expanded its managed security service provider (MSSP) strategy to include a partnership with Dark Rhino Security, a licensed aggregator and solution delivery partner. The partnership expands Ironscales’ reach into the commercial and small business community with Dark Rhino Security’s direct customer acquisition capability and service to regional MSSPs, the companies say.
8. Security Posture Management: Skybox Security has enhanced its Security Posture Management Platform to offer greater visibility across hybrid networks, the company says:
10. Government Cloud Security: The Telos Xacta solution will be available to support all Microsoft Azure U.S. Government cloud instances, including Azure Government, Azure Government Secret and Azure Government Top Secret, the company says. Xacta automates many labor-intensive tasks associated with key security frameworks such as the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), FedRAMP and ISO 27001.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar