Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 February 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cyber Insurance Questions: Pose these questions before buying cyber insurance. Oh, and attend our webcast.
2. U.S. Census Cybersecurity Concerns: Here’s the background.
3. North Korea Hacker Activity: Here’s the latest warning from the Department of Justice.
4. Election Security: Secureworks weighs in with guidance here.
5. Plastic Surgery Patient Data Exposed: The data leak details are here.
6. Coronavirus Phishing Attacks: Hackers are using coronavirus fears for phishing attacks, Trustwave reports.
7. Financial Results – Qualys: The cloud-based security provider says Q4 2019 revenue was $84.7 million, up 14 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. The figure generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
8. Financial Results – CyberArk: The privileged access management provider says Q4 2019 revenue was $129.7 million, up 19 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Integration – Endpoint Security: Acalvio Technologies, a provider of autonomous deception solutions, today announced the availability of its ShadowPlex Application in the CrowdStrike Store. Partners and customers gain “high-fidelity detections of threat activity and timely alerts based on dynamic deception,” the company says.
2. Security Operations: SlashNext, a provider of real-time anti-phishing and incident response solutions, has joined the ThreatConnect Developer Partner Program.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar