Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 January 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Talent and MDR – Alert Logic CEO Change: Alert Logic has promoted CFO John Post to CEO, and hired multiple executives who previously held key roles at Carbonite and Webroot. The executive changes and updates come as Alert Logic strives to position itself as the top provider of SaaS-based MDR (managed detection and response) and SOAR (security orchestration and response) services.
2. Talent – CISO Part Two: Data center provider Digital Realty has named Don Freese as chief information security officer.
3. Talent – CISO Part One: ConnectWise has promoted Tom Greco from director of information security to chief information security officer.
4. Vulnerability Management: Sophos has been named a Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) Numbering Authority (CNA) in the CVE program, a recognized international standard for identifying and naming cybersecurity vulnerabilities. With this status, Sophos is authorized to assign CVE identification to unique vulnerabilities within the scope of its products, the company says.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar