Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) – Board of Directors: Jamf CEO Dean Hager has joined the Red Canary board of directors.
2. Channel Chief – eXtended Detection and Response (XDR): Anomali has hired Tenable, SourceFire and Cisco Systems veteran Chris Peterson as VP of global channel and technology partnership.
3. Partnership Momentum: The Netsurion-Deep Instinct partnership now protects more than 15,000 endpoints across the Netsurion customer base, according to Netsurion president A.N. Ananth. The deployments are largely managed by MSPs and MSSPs. The Netsurion-Deep Instinct relationship “uniquely delivers predict, prevent, detect, and respond capabilities as a managed service,” the two companies said.
4. macOS and Linux Security: CrowdStrike has released CrowdStrike Falcon Zero Trust Assessment (ZTA) support for macOS and Linux platforms. Also, CrowdStrike announced new Zero Trust partner integrations with Airgap, Appgate, CyberArk, TruU and Twingate, all of whom will “leverage CrowdStrike Falcon ZTA to help joint customers reduce their attack surface and simplify, empower and accelerate their Zero Trust journey.” The CrowdStrike Zero Trust partner ecosystem already includes Akamai, Cloudflare, Google Cloud, Netskope, Okta and Zscaler, the company noted.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Right of Boom (February 9-11, Tampa, Florida)
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar