Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Cyberattacks – Russia vs. Ukraine War: See a timeline with daily updates here…
2. Bridgestone Ransomware Attack: Bridgestone Americas has hired Accenture Security to assist with a ransomware attack investigation.
3. Cybersecurity Incident Disclosures: Can MSSPs hit a four-day disclosure deadline, as proposed by the SEC for publicly held companies?
4. Funding – Multi-Tenant MSP Security: CrowdStrike’s venture capital fund — known as the CrowdStrike Falcon Fund — has invested in Cybersixgill, an Israeli threat intelligence company that develops a multi-tenant security platform for MSPs and MSSPs, according to MSSP Alert.
5. Cloud Supply Chain Security: Palo Alto Networks wants to help…
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar