Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 May 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSPs and Microsoft Patch Tuesday: Gill Langston, SolarWinds MSP’s Head Security Nerd, has posted a blog covering Microsoft’s latest Patch Tuesday update, with insights and takeaways for MSPs.
2. Funding – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Semperis has raised $40 million in Series B funding. Global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners led the round with participation from existing investors. The new investment follows Semperis completing its sixth consecutive profitable quarter, bringing total funding to $54 million, the company says.
4. Research – Cloud Threat Report: The latest Oracle and KPMG findings are here.
5. Oracle Application Security: RunSafe Security’s Enterprise Software Protection (ESP) program is now available on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace. ESP protects Oracle customers against common and dangerous software attack methods, including memory exploitation attacks, RunSafe says.
6. Multi-Cloud Security Dashboard: FireEye has released Cloudvisory, a control center for cloud security management across any security environment – private, public and hybrid, the company says.
7. Credential Theft Using Symantec URL Rewriting: Armorblox shares details here.
8. Security Assessments: ThreatQuotient has introduced new assessment and consulting services. The result: ThreatQuotient is enabling organizations to transition from traditional signature-based monitoring, detection and response to an external, threat-focused program, the company asserts.
9. Network Access Control: Zero Networks has launched TrustMeter, a free tool to help organizations better understand how much excessive network access exists inside their network.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar