Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. SOCaaS – SMB: Logically has unveiled SecureCore, an Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) service for small and midsize customers. It features Security Information Event Management (SIEM) capabilities backed by a 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC).
2. M&A – Email Security: Mimecast, an email and data security company, has acquired DMARC Analyzer — a SaaS-based solution provider that offers user-friendly Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) setup, management and analysis.
3. M&A – IoT Security: Check Point Software Technologies has unveiled a new IoT cyber security technology. The solution hardens and protects IoT device firmware, and makes them secure against the most sophisticated attacks, Check Point says. The technology, based on the Cymplify acquisition, will be integrated into Check Point’s Infinity architecture.
4. Funding – Automated Penetration Testing: Pcysys, has completed a $10 million Series A funding round led by Canadian VC, Awz Ventures, along with Blackstone. The company, which has developed a platform for Automated Penetration Testing, has raised $15 million to date.
5. Talent: WhiteHat Security, an independent subsidiary of NTT Security, has named Anthony Bettini as chief technology officer (CTO).
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.