Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 October 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Single Sign On: Data443 Risk Mitigation has acquired the intellectual property rights and assets of Resilient Network Systems, a Silicon Valley based SaaS platform that supports SSO and adaptive access control.
2. Talent: Skout Cybersecurity, a Top 250 MSSP that offers cyber-as-a-service to MSPs, has tapped RSA veteran Art Coviello Jr. as a senior advisor to the company. The appointment of follows a 700 percent year-to-date increase in the number of MSPs using SKOUT’s software platform and signals an acceleration of the team’s growth plans, the company asserts. Coviello is set to keynote Skout’s REBOUND 2020 virtual conference on October 28.
3. Talent – MSP: Interface Security Systems, an MSP with extensive cybersecurity expertise, has promoted Brent Duncan to president and COO. Interface Security Systems is a portfolio company of SunTx Capital Partners and Prudential Capital Partners.
4. Threat Hunting: Cyborg Security has launched HUNTR, a threat hunting platform that “provides advanced and contextualized threat hunting and detection packages containing behaviorally based threat hunting content, threat emulation, and detailed runbooks, supplying organizations what they need to evolve their security analysts into skilled hunters,” the company asserts.
5. Firewall as a Service: Corsa Security has expanded its network security virtualization platform to automate Firewall-as-a-Service (FWaaS). The new solution allows MSSPs to replaces customers’ physical firewalls.
6. Partnership – Threat Intelligence: Nuspire, an MSSP, is leveraging Recorded Future‘s security intelligence to offer customers “actionable threat intelligence that reduces risk with real-time data,” the companies say.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Houston Cyber Summit 2020 (October 20-22, Virtual Conference)
- Grayhat Virtual Cyber Conference (October 29-31, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar