Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. European MSSP Platform: BT, the European telco giant and Top 250 MSSP, has launched a security platform called Eagle-i. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Multi-Cloud Security: SonicWall is emphasizing its ability to secure any mix of cloud, hybrid and traditional networks. SonicWall CEO Bill Conner shares details here.
3. Digital Forensics and Incident Response: BreachQuest has launched Recovery and Remediation (R&R) services. The R&R team “reduces client’s recovery costs and recovery time by working directly with clients to restore, rebuild and recover their environment,” BreachQuest asserts.
4. Partner Program – Network Security and Automation: EfficientIP, a provider of network security and automation solutions specializing in DDI (DNS-DHCP-IPAM), has launched its SmartPartner program. The effort includes a new category designed specifically for Service Providers as well as a Partner Delivery certification. On a related note, TD Synnex has agreed to distribute EfficientIP DDI and DNS Security solutions in North America.
5. Partner Program – Operational Technology and IoT Security: SCADAfence has launched the SCADAfence Alliance Partner Program. Strategic partners include Rapid7, Fujitsu, Cadre, Barracuda, Check Point, Fortinet, Cybereason, OTD, and other leading partners.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 13, 20 & 27, virtual)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar