Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 September 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A Discussions – DDoS Attack Mitigation Software: Private equity firm Siris Capital is in talks to potentially acquire Radware, CNBC reports.
2. Funding – API Security: Neosec has emerged from stealth mode and raised $20.7 million in Series A funding from True Ventures, New Era Capital Partners, TLV and SixThirty in addition to security veterans such as Mark Anderson, Gary Fish, Mickey Boodaei, Rakesh Loonkar and Shailesh Rao.
3. Funding – DataSecOps: Satori has raised $20 million in Series A funding co-led by B Capital Group and Evolution Equity Partners, with participation from Satori’s Seed investor YL Ventures. Satori develops a DataSecOps platform to “democratize data and scale cloud data analytics, embedding security into data operations by providing security capabilities at the infrastructure level and removing friction for data consumer,” the company asserts.
4. Talent – Multi-Cloud Data Protection: Securiti has hired multiple executives, including:
- Matt Hickey from Palo Alto Networks as chief revenue officer;
- Rob Sexton from Palo Alto Networks as VP of sales for North America;
- Parmeet Chaddha from Google as SVP customer success; and
- Alex Poulos from Dropbox as VP of marketing.
5. Threat Intelligence Software: ThreatConnect has released ThreatConnect 6.3. The update helps security operations center (SOC) directors identify whether the tools, processes, and automations in place are helping the organization identify and remediate threats faster, ThreatConnect asserts.
6. Cybersecurity Awareness Training: Code42 has launched Code42 Instructor, an education offering that “improves Insider Risk awareness by focusing on the creation of holistic, security-oriented cultures,” the company says.
7. Research – Top Cyberattack Vectors: More than 60 percent of cyberattacks involve password brute force and vulnerability exploitation as the initial vectors, according to research from the Kaspersky Global Emergency Response team.
8. Talent – CISA: SMB security expert Kiersten Todt has been appointed chief of staff for the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
9. Olympus Cyberattack Investigation: Medical and life sciences equipment maker Olympus is “investigating a potential cybersecurity incident affecting limited areas of its EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) IT systems on September 8, 2021,” the company says…
10. Apple Patches iMessage Vulnerability: Apple has patched a vulnerability that allowed an exploit called ForcedEntry to infect Apple iOS, macOS and watchOS devices.
11. Partnership – Energy Sector Cybersecurity: Industrial Defender, an operational technology (OT) security pioneer, has partnered with Diverse Solutions Engineering to enhance cybersecurity within the oil, gas and petrochemical sectors.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- Sumo Logic Illuminate 2021 User Conference (September 28-29, Virtual)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar