Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 15 December 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. SolarWinds Orion Breach – Status Update: Here are the latest details about who got hit, and how SolarWinds is helping customers to close the vulnerability.
2. Security Operations Center (SOC) as a Service (SOCaaS): Keep an eye on SubRosa Cyber…
3. Integration – SOAR and SOC: Swimlane, a provider of security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) solutions, has a new product integration with Stellar Cyber’s security operations center (SOC) platform. Mutual customers gain a “truly unified defense platform with comprehensive threat intelligence and detection capabilities, and highly customizable automation to achieve best-of-breed incident response for security operations centers (SOCs),” the two companies assert.
4. Funding – Network Security: Network Perception, a provider of network security solutions for the electrical utility industry, has raised $2.73 million in seed round funding led by Serra Ventures, Okapi Ventures, and Energy Foundry, with additional support from Early Light Ventures, SaaS Ventures, Illinois Ventures, and Service Provider Capital.
5. Firewall Appliances: WatchGuard Technologies has released its new Firebox M4800 and M5800 appliances, which are designed to help secure networks that have employees who are working outside the traditional corporate network perimeter.
6. Phishing Mitigation: SlashNext released version 2.0 of its Real-time Phishing Defense APIs. SlashNext also announced a free community version of its APIs, designed for threat hunters, researchers and incident response teams to “detect and respond to targeted phishing threats while protecting their companies from harmful brand-squatting scams and attacks,” the company says.
7. Partnership – Endpoint Detection and Response: GuardSight, a Top 250 MSSP for 2020, cybersecurity as a service, and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has incorporated the CrowdStrike Falcon Platform into its service offering. This relationship expands the GuardSight offering by providing its customers with a “complete cloud-native framework to protect endpoints, stop breaches and improve performance with the power of the cloud using AI and an intelligent, lightweight agent,” the two companies say.
8. Talent – MSSP: Secure Cyber Defense of Miamisburg, Ohio, is hiring roughly 16 new employees to expand its managed security services for government agencies, education, manufacturing and more, Dayton Business Journal reports. Moreover, JobsOhio provided Secure Cyber Defense with a $75,000 Workforce Grant to support the expansion, which will increase payroll by $1.3 million, the company said.
9. Managed Remote Access Security: Safe-T Group, a provider of secure access solutions for on-premise and hybrid cloud environments, has launched a joint secure remote access managed security service with Accenture Spain.
10. Multi-Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM): CipherCloud has formally introduced its Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and SaaS Security Posture Management (SSPM) solutions capabilities for Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud, among other platforms.