Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): GoSecure has raised $20 million in Series E funding from multiple investors.
2. M&A Back On: Forescout Technologies and private equity firm Advent International have agreed to amend the terms of their previously announced M&A deal.
3. Government Contract – SIEM: Devo Technology, a cloud-native data analytics and security company, has received a $9.5 million contract award from the U.S. Air Force for the Enterprise Cyberspace Security & Defense (CS&D) Global Security Information Event Management (SIEM) System.
4. Threat Detection for MSSPs: Seceon has launched aiXDR, an automated, real-time cyber threat detection and remediation solution that integrates endpoint, network, and cloud data to detect and stop sophisticated attacks, the company says.
5. Data Protection – Microsoft 365 and Google G Suite: Datto SaaS Protection 2.5 for MSPs has launched.
6. Risk Management Services: Entisys360 has launched a new services division Advyz Cyber Risk Services — to deliver a suite of cyber risk services including strategy and risk management, attack surface management, detection and response, identity and privacy services. Key vertical markets served include healthcare, financial services, technology and SLED sectors.
7. MSPs – Microsoft Cloud Security Assessments: RapidFire Tools, a Kaseya company, has launched Network Detective Microsoft Cloud Assessment Module. The module provides “critical visibility and enabling better security and management of the Microsoft Cloud environment, including Microsoft Office 365 and Azure,” RapidFire Tools asserts.
9. Talent: Park Place Technologies has hired John Parlee as CISO.
B. MSSP Strategic Alliances and Partnerships
2. Partnership – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Hub City Media and Onfido have partnered to offer identity verification services to enterprise customers.
3. Partnership – Cyber Insurance: Q6 Cyber and Coalition have partnered to integrate proprietary threat intelligence with the underwriting process for cyber insurance.
4. Integration – Threat Detection: Attivo Networks has integrated its ThreatDefend solution with both FireEye Endpoint Security and FireEye Malware Analysis.
5. Integration – Breach and Attack Simulation: XM Cyber now integrates with Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP).
C. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar