Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 15 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – Password Management: 1Password has raised $200 million in a Series A funding round led by Accel and joined by Slack Fund, and Atlassian executives. The company’s password management platform currently supports about 50,000 paying business customers — including 25 percent of the Fortune 100. The company did not specifically disclose an MSP or MSSP partner strategy as part of the funding.
2. Ping Financial Results: Ping Identity‘s revenue was $61.8 million in the third quarter of 2019, up 45 percent year over year. The company had a $595,000 net loss — far smaller than a $5.6 million net loss in the corresponding quarter last year. The figures generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
3. Talent – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Identity Automation, provider of RapidIdentity, has promoted Michael Webb to CTO.
4. Talent: Kudelski Security, the cybersecurity division of the Kudelski Group, has named Deloitte veteran Derek Phillips as chief revenue officer, effective December 2, 2019.
5. Talent – Security Operations Center (SOC) Software: LogRhythm has named Cindy Zhou as chief marketing officer (CMO) and Michael Jones as vice president of product.
6. Symantec, McAfee Vulnerabilities: Symantec and McAfee have patched a near identical vulnerability in their respective endpoint protection software that would have made it easier for attackers with prior admin access to a system to create more damage, Dark Reading notes. The flaw in Symantec’s product is tracked as CVE-2019-12758 and in McAfee’s as CVE-2019-3648, the report adds.
7. Research – Cyber Threat Report: New Zealand has released this Cyber Threat Report covering 2018 and 2019.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent and Partner Program- MDR Services: Security On-Demand Inc. (SOD), a provider of managed detection and response (MDR) services, has promoted Kim Scott to VP of sales. The company plans to launch a new partner channel program in 2020. It will be a one-tier, 100 percent channel model.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.